Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Great New Recipe

Well, I have a recipe that I tried earlier this week that I highly recommend to all! Here it is:

Taco Lasagna

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup total - diced onion, diced green/red pepper and celery
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs. chili powder
1 (24 oz.) jar mild salsa
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans (drained) - I think I would use black beans next time:)
1 (10 0z.) can enchilada sauce
10 oz. corn (I used canned but you can used frozen too, just thaw first)
16 (6 inch) corn tortillas
4 cups shredded Mexican four cheese blend
Toppings: sour cream, chopped tomatoes

Cook first 4 ingredients until meat is no longer pink and veggies are tender. Stir in salsa and next 3 ingredients. Cook for 5-10 min. until heated through. Put in lightly greased pan. Layer 1 cup of meat mixture, then layer 6 tortillas - overlapping then 2 cups of cheese. Then 1/3 beef mixture, tortillas, the rest of the beef mixture, more tortillas and the cheese. Bake at 350, covered, for 40 min. Remove foil and bake 10 min. more. Let stand for 10 min. before serving.


Enjoy!

I am just now eating the leftovers and it is just as good the second time as the first!!

2 comments:

megfeen said...

mexican is so hard to find here... maybe we will have to try this! The only brand that sells here is Old El Paso, although we found one or two teensy tiny jars of salsa with store brands.

busy mom of 4 said...

Hmmmmm...maybe I can send you some. Or, is it cheaper to make your own salsa? Or, when you come home for Christmas you will have to take back a huge stash of salsa!